Employee Data Dispute

Are you concerned the information in your Employment Data Report may be inaccurate or incomplete? Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you can dispute your information.
Close-up of woman's hands, one holding cellphone and the other hand on laptop keyboard. Sun sitting in background
how it works

Employee Data Dispute Steps


Check Your
Employment Data
This step is optional, but reviewing your employment data can help you understand what is included in your Employment Data Report and spot information that may be inaccurate or incomplete. 

File a Dispute
For Free
If you believe your employment data is inaccurate or incomplete, simply file a dispute and we will look into it quickly.


Investigating Your Dispute
We will contact the employer and investigate. Within thirty days of your dispute request, we will notify you of the results.


Updates to Your Employment Data
If information needs to be updated in your employment data, we will work with the employer to confirm disputed data and ensure updates are made.
Complete Your Data Dispute Form Online
Use our online employee data dispute form to begin the dispute investigation process.
How To

Additonal Ways to Dispute Your Report

There are two additional ways to dispute your Employment Data Report:


Dispute your Employment Data Report by calling: 866-222-5880. ​​​​For TTY-hearing impaired, call: 800-424-0253.


Download, complete, and mail your Data Dispute Form to: 
Equifax Workforce Solutions
3470 Rider Trail South
Earth City, MO 63045